It is Monday, the road opens, and transits everything to the workplace. Over there, there’s a congested traffic, and someone is sweating and cussing under breath.
I am here for you. I am WEEKLY SPUR. Can I make your week GREAT?
Below is a list of twelve songs to make your week less stressful and remarkable:
- Major Lazer — Particula: all the way from Jamaica, I bring you Major Lazer, the trio making waves all over the world. In this, they feature Ice Prince and other Nigerian acts.
“They tell me everybody has fifteen minutes in a different time zone…” And this is Monday, you have to understand that your hustle is different from that of others. And while this may be an admiration song, you can use the mundane message to take comfort.
- Niniola — Sicker: “…I’ve got the energy to line up the world”, and this is coming from our own Niniola, Sicker, her recently released single. It is refreshing, and will definitely tempt you into dancing.
- DJ Afro B ft Dr Sid — Personal Lover: And this opens with a verse from Dr Sid “Come to my destination, ain’t no hesitation, don’t come with complication… I’ll be your personal lover.” It is a song dedicated to a girl, so sorry this is what is in the airwave, but who doesn’t have someone in their life? Send them the message.
- Efya — Until the Dawn: I bring you this lady from Ghana. This is reggae, and it is a love song: I want to make love with you till the morning… and this is what Weekly Spur is doing. I’ll never break your heart with bad songs.
- Major Lazer ft Nicki Minaj — Run Up: There’s an African proverb that says when a dance is good, dancers go for it one more time, this is why Major Lazer is back with this queen of Hip Hop. Pay attention to Nicki “I don’t put sugar expecting salt… this is another day.”
- Rae Sremmurd — Rowdy: “It is about to get too rowdy in here… let’s get rowdy if you got it.”
- Kanye West — Bed Yeezy Season 5: This is about getting interesting. Sync this with your soul, it is a long ride with West.
“Lemme repay you for all you’ve been through… run my fingers through your head… I wanna put you to bed, I’m gonna put you to bed.”
- Lola Rae — One Time: “This is for you and me, if you like what you see, forget the history… come closer and take control.” This song is to inspire you to aspire for great things.
- Wande Coal ft Burna Boy — Wanted: And if you are bringing your day to an end or a beginning, you’ll have to spice it up with a Nigerian dance music, “no matter where you are, fans believe in you.” Keep the hustle real.
- This space is left for you to ponder
- Phyno ft Olamide — Augment: The duo is on a mission to unite Nigeria. Coming from different geopolitical zones, Olamide and Phyno are perfect definition of brotherhood. Relax. Listen.
- Dr Sid — Jensimi: “jensimi” is a Yoruba word for “let me rest”, and it is not coincidence that we are signing out with this to allow you rest. ENJOY!